For a long time I avoided making this glaze because it just seemed like it would be too difficult (I can be lazy like that).
I was wrong. And it’s now a Friendship Bread Kitchen favorite.
This warm, buttery caramel glaze will trick you into thinking you’re being served up a primo dessert in the best restaurant in town. Drizzle it over any apple Amish Friendship Bread, like our Caramel Apple Amish Friendship Bread, or spice it up with Kitchen Friend Donna Bennet Bania’s Cardamom Amish Friendship Bread.
A quick note: I only share links that I love and personally use. This post contains affiliate or commission links which support the Friendship Bread Kitchen if you click or buy. Thank you!
- 3 cups light-brown sugar
- 1 cup light cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Whisk sugar, cream, and butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla. Let it cool slightly before drizzling over warm cake.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!