This frosting recipe pairs beautifully with our Strawberry Limeade Amish Friendship Bread Cake, with bright bites of strawberries and a subtle tang of lime.
Strawberry Lime Cream Cheese Frosting
A fluffy and flavorful cream cheese frosting to accompany our Strawberry Limeade Amish Friendship Bread Cake.
- 10 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons strawberry puree
- Use any excess strawberry puree from the Strawberry Limeade Amish Friendship Bread Cake recipe. If you need to make more, chop 4-6 whole strawberries in a food processor to a thick puree.
- Beat the cream cheese and butter with a mixer on medium speed until fluffy.
- Slowly add in sugar until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Add lime zest, lime juice, and vanilla.
- With a spatula, gently fold in strawberry puree.
- Frost cooled cake then place cake in fridge to set.
Puree the strawberries for the frosting at the same time you puree the strawberries for the cake recipe.
Have you made this?Mention @friendshipbreadkitchen or tag #friendshipbreadkitchen!
Share your thoughts