This frosting recipe pairs beautifully with our Strawberry Limeade Amish Friendship Bread Cake, with bright bites of strawberries and a subtle tang of lime.
Strawberry Lime Cream Cheese Frosting
- Use any excess strawberry puree from the Strawberry Limeade Amish Friendship Bread Cake recipe. If you need to make more, chop 4-6 whole strawberries in a food processor to a thick puree.
- Beat the cream cheese and butter with a mixer on medium speed until fluffy.
- Slowly add in sugar until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Add lime zest, lime juice, and vanilla.
- With a spatula, gently fold in strawberry puree.
- Frost cooled cake then place cake in fridge to set.