Sweet and spicy, this Gluten Free Dairy Free Orange Spice Butterscotch Amish Friendship Bread makes a great BBQ side dish! Thanks to Kitchen Friend Beverly Ulysses for sharing this recipe with us.
This recipe calls for an orange-spice tea. To prepare the tea, steep the tea bags in boiling milk for 8-10 minutes. The best variety for this recipe is a Rooibos orange, cinnamon spice tea. (This one is our favorite!)
A quick note: I only share links that I love and personally use. This post contains affiliate or commission links which support the Friendship Bread Kitchen if you click or buy. Thank you!
Sweet and spicy, this Gluten Free Dairy Free Orange Spice Butterscotch Amish Friendship Bread makes a great BBQ side dish!
- 1 cup Gluten Free/Dairy/Casein Free Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- ½ cup dairy free milk
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- ½ to 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon egg replacer
- 2 cups gluten free flour mix
- ½-¾ teaspoon orange-spice tea
- 1 small box butterscotch instant pudding
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease mini Bundt pans or line a muffin tin with liners.
- Dust pans with a cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Pour the batter evenly into pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle of donut comes out clean.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!