Top off your favorite Amish Friendship Bread recipe with this Vanilla Bean Frosting! Thanks to Kitchen Friend Jill Emery for sharing this recipe with us.
Kitchen Friend Jill Emery created her own extracts for baking:
- For the vanilla extract: Place 7-10 sliced vanilla beans in a quart sized mason jar and top with clear alcohol (vodka or moonshine works great). Keep covered. Takes 6-8 weeks before you can use for baking.
- For the lemon extract: Grate the rind off two lemons and place in a small jelly jar. Top with clear alcohol. Keep covered. Takes 6-8 weeks before you can use for baking.
Vanilla Bean Frosting
- Beat shortening and vanilla extract with mixer for 30 seconds.
- Slowly add half of the powdered sugar, beating well.
- Add half the milk and beat well.
- Gradually beat in remaining powdered sugar and enough remaining light cream to make preferred spreading consistency.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!