Use this Lemon Buttercream Frosting to top off your favorite citrus-y Amish Friendship Bread recipe!
Thanks to Kitchen Friend Diane Siniscalchi for sharing this recipe and these photos with us.
A quick note: I only share links that I love and personally use. This post contains affiliate or commission links which support the Friendship Bread Kitchen if you click or buy. Thank you!
Lemon Buttercream Frosting
- ½ cup vegetable shortening solid
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1½ teaspoon lemon extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest finely grated
- In large bowl, cream shortening and butter with electric mixer. Add lemon extract.
- Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often.
- Add milk and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Fold in lemon zest. Makes about 3 cups of frosting.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!