Use this Lemon Buttercream Frosting to top off your favorite citrus-y Amish Friendship Bread recipe!
Thanks to Kitchen Friend Diane Siniscalchi for sharing this recipe and these photos with us.
A quick note: I only share links that I love and personally use. This post contains affiliate or commission links which support the Friendship Bread Kitchen if you click or buy. Thank you!
Use this Lemon Buttercream Frosting to top off your favorite citrus-y Amish Friendship Bread recipe.
- ½ cup vegetable shortening solid
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1½ teaspoon lemon extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest finely grated
- In large bowl, cream shortening and butter with electric mixer. Add lemon extract.
- Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often.
- Add milk and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Fold in lemon zest. Makes about 3 cups of frosting.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!