A quick and easy vanilla buttercream frosting with a kick of ginger for a little spice and heat.
- ¼ cup ½ stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream butter until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar, incorporating until no lumps remain.
- Stir in milk, minced ginger and vanilla.
- Frost cake or cupcakes when fully cooled.
Use fresh minced ginger when possible. Minced ginger is also sold in jars.