This recipe from Kitchen Friend Wai Chan uses your one cup of Amish Friendship Bread starter to make a great appetizer or healthy and nutty treat.
Cranberry & Hazelnut Raincoast Amish Friendship Bread Crisps
- Preheat oven to 350° F (177° C).
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in the starter, buttermilk and honey.
- Add in the remainder of the ingredients and stir until just blended.
- Grease two 8 x 4 loaf pans.
- Pour in the batter.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, until golden and springy to touch. Remove from pans and cool on wire rack.
- The cooler the bread, the easier to slice really thin (leave it till the next day or pop it into the freezer for partial freeze).
- Slice the loaves as thin as you can and place them in a single layer on an ungreased sheet.
- Reduce oven to 300° F (148° C).
- Bake slices for about 15 minutes, then flip them over and bake for an addition 10 minutes, until they become crisp and deep golden.
- Let cool slightly and enjoy!