This recipe for fluffy Buttercream Frosting is the perfect topping for any Amish Friendship Bread cake or cupcake.
A quick note: I only share links that I love and personally use. This post contains affiliate or commission links which support the Friendship Bread Kitchen if you click or buy. Thank you!
- ½ cup solid vegetable shortening
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In large bowl, cream shortening and butter with electric mixer, then add vanilla.
- Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often.
- Add milk and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Makes about 3 cups of frosting.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!