This Bananas Foster Amish Friendship Bread recipe is best served warm, drizzled with our Rum Glaze and topped with your favorite vanilla ice cream!
This recipe was shared with us by Kitchen Friend Debbi Smith. For a little extra spice, dust this Amish Friendship Bread with cinnamon.
A quick note: I only share links that I love and personally use. This post contains affiliate or commission links which support the Friendship Bread Kitchen if you click or buy. Thank you!
This Bananas Foster Amish Friendship Bread recipe is best served warm, drizzled with rum glaze and topped with your favorite vanilla ice cream!
- ½ cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- 1½ cups bananas about 3 bananas, mashed and ripe
- 1 cup packed brown sugar divided
- 5 tablespoons butter divided
- 1½ tablespoons rum extract or 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 large egg
- 1½ cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon allspice
- Rum Glaze
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
Combine banana, ½ cup brown sugar, butter and rum extract in a sauce pan. Cook over medium heat until mixture starts to bubble, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and pour into a large bowl.
Once cooled, add Amish Friendship Bread starter, the remaining ½ cup brown sugar and egg. Mix thoroughly until well incorporated.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and allspice. Add flour mixture to banana mixture and beat until just blended. Pour batter into greased pans.
Bake for about 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool then drizzle with Rum Glaze.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!