If you’re looking for a great way to put those fresh, summer cherries to use, this Cherry Amish Friendship Bread is the recipe for you. If you can’t get ahold of fresh cherries, you can also use frozen cherries for this recipe.
A quick note: I only share links that I love and personally use. This post contains affiliate or commission links which support the Friendship Bread Kitchen if you click or buy. Thank you!
You can also get creative with this recipe by replacing the ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract with 1 teaspoon almond extract. To add an extra punch of flavor and a fun decoration, drizzle to our basic Vanilla Glaze on top of this Cherry Amish Friendship Bread.
If you're looking for a great way to put those fresh, summer cherries to use, this Cherry Amish Friendship Bread is the recipe for you.
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients as listed except for the cherries.
- Once everything is incorporated, fold in the cherries.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
Dust the greased pans with ½ cup sugar.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf or cake pans.
- Sprinkle the remaining sugar on the top. If you prefer to top your bread with a glaze or drizzle, skip this step.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!