This is a quick and easy clotted cream recipe by Kitchen Friend Stacey Doyle. Pair it with these Blueberry Lemon Ricotta Amish Friendship Bread Scones.
Add a dollop of this clotted cream aside any Amish Friendship Bread scone.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- scant ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar sifted
- In a large mixing bowl, pour in the cream and whisk for 2-3 minutes or until the cream has stiff peaks.
- Sift in the sugar then add the sour cream. Continue whisking until well incorporated.
- Keep covered and chilled until ready to serve.
Have you made this?Mention @friendshipbreadkitchen or tag #friendshipbreadkitchen!
>> Have you tried this recipe? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!
This is NOT a recipe for clotted cream.
This is an Americanized, fast version that can be used by those who don’t have access to unpasteurized cream or who don’t want to spend hours making it.
Does this keep in the refrigerator for a few days, or is it best served immediately?
The recipe look amazing and can’t wait to reap all the benefits. Thanks!
Anna Wright says
I really liked this Clotted Cream recipe. Added my twist and tweaked just a little. I will be revisiting this one often. Thanks for sharing
That’s great, Anna! So glad you like the recipe. What tweaks did you make that you liked? We’d love to see a picture! Here’s the link to submit your photo: https://www.friendshipbreadkitchen.com/recipe-box/submit-photo/