This is a lovely, decadent sauce that can be used to top any Amish Friendship Bread of your choice, but we love it spooned warm over our Old-Fashioned Fruit Cocktail Amish Friendship Bread Cake. If you have extra, leftovers can go on a scoop of vanilla ice cream, too!
This post contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, the Friendship Bread Kitchen may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
The recipe is super easy. Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil for one minute. Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow to cool for five minutes.
Spoon the sauce directly over a cake, put it on the side, or poke holes in the cake and drench the cake with this amazing sauce.
I was gifting the bread to a friend and put some extra Coconut-Pecan Sauce in a cup, and he said he finished it with a spoon! Yup, it’s that good!
- 4 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 1 cup coconut flakes sweetened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients, stirring until well combined.
- Bring mixture to a boil for one minute, then remove saucepan from heat.
- Allow to cool for five minutes, and then spoon over warm cake. If desired, poke holes in the cake first.
>> Have you tried this? Give the recipe some stars or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!
Can’t wait to make this recipe thank you so much for sharing.
We love to hear this, Grace! Let us know how it goes when you make it!