This Coconut Walnut Amish Friendship Bread Biscotti recipe makes an elegant dessert that pairs well with morning coffee or afternoon tea. This biscotti is best served dipped in bittersweet chocolate.
This Coconut Walnut Amish Friendship Bread Biscotti recipe makes an elegant dessert that pairs well with morning coffee or afternoon tea.
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
- In medium bowl, cream together starter, sugar and butter. Stir in vanilla extract and egg.
- In another bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Stir into creamed mixture. Fold in coconut and walnuts.
- Divide dough into 2 pieces. Roll each piece out into a log about 10 inches long. Place them on ungreased cookie sheet and flatten until they are about 3 inches wide.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until firm. Cool on baking sheet for 10-15 minutes.
Slice logs crosswise into ½ inch wide slices. Place slices cut side down on baking sheet.
- Return to oven for additional 15 minutes, until crisp and light brown. Cool and store in airtight container.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!