You’ll love this Rum Raisin Amish Friendship Bread, a perfect dessert or holiday treat that’s sure to please.
This is one of our favorite recipes! Soak the raisins in rum overnight and top the loaves with turbinado sugar before baking. The granulated and turbinado sugar crystals add a delightful crunch. This is wonderful served with a drizzle of vanilla hard sauce.
A quick note: I only share links that I love and personally use. This post contains affiliate or commission links which support the Friendship Bread Kitchen if you click or buy. Thank you!
You'll love this Rum Raisin Amish Friendship Bread, a perfect dessert or holiday treat that's sure to please.
- 1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1 box vanilla instant pudding
- 1 cup raisins in ½ cup rum soak overnight for best flavor
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- Preheat over to 325° F (165° C).
- Grease 2 large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with granulated sugar.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour the batter evenly into the pans.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar over each loaf.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until bread loosens evenly from the sides.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!