“This variation is delicious, and I used the basil from my garden (I dried it last year).”
1 cup of Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup of oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons coriander
5 tablespoons dried sweet basil
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
2 small boxes instant French vanilla pudding
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with a sugar and sea salt.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf or cake pans and sprinkle with more sugar and sea salt.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
Sprinkle more sea salt and sugar on top after it comes out of the oven.