- 1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1-2 small boxes instant vanilla pudding
- ½ cup chopped red cherries
- ½ cup chopped green cherries
- ½ cup diced dried mango
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 3 ounces marzipan or almond paste
Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
Grease two large loaf pans.
Pour half of batter in greased pan lined with sugar. Lay a strip of marzipan or almond paste along length of bread. Top with remaining batter.
Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
Once cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
While we loved how much this tasted like the real thing, you can also make this recipe without the marzipan/almond paste addition.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!