Cranberry Walnut Flax Amish Friendship Bread Muffins
Need a quick snack for those chilly Fall mornings? Cranberry Walnut Flax Amish Friendship Bread Muffins make a tasty, healthy, grab-n-go breakfast.
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients except flax meal, cranberries and nuts. Make a well in the center.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, combine all wet ingredients including flax meal.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients until just incorporated, careful not to over mix. Fold in cranberries and nuts.
- Grease two muffins tins.
- Dust the greased pans with a ½ cup sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon.
- Pour the batter evenly into muffin tins. Sprinkle the tops mixture of sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
Spice it up! Substitute 1/2 teaspoon allspice for 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. We also use organic golden flax in our recipes to reduce the amount of oil in the recipe and provide a healthy boost of omega-3 ALA.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!