Maple Pecan Amish Friendship Bread Biscotti
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
- Cream the starter, sugar, and melted butter in a bowl. Mix in the egg and extracts.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients together, except for the pecans.
- Mix small amounts of the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet mixture until combined.
- Fold in the pecans.
- Split the dough in half to create two balls of dough.
- Roll each ball into a log about 10 inches long and flatten until it is about 3 inches wide.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until firm. Cool on baking sheet for 10-15 minutes.
- Slice logs crosswise into ½ inch-¾ inch wide slices. Place slices cut side down on baking sheet.
- Return to oven for an additional 15-20 minutes until crisp and light brown. Cool and then top with Maple Pecan Glaze.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!