Serve this warm and spicy Gluten Free, Dairy Free Gingerbread Amish Friendship Bread at your next winter book club! Thanks to Kitchen Friend Beverly Horner for sharing this recipe with us.
For a gluten free flour substitute, we used rice based gluten free flour mix. Instead of topping with our usual cinnamon-sugar mixture, we used large granulated sugar such as turbinado sugar or raw sugar for topping. Luckily, Jello brand puddings are gluten and dairy free!
A quick note: I only share links that I love and personally use. This post contains affiliate or commission links which support the Friendship Bread Kitchen if you click or buy. Thank you!
Gluten Free Dairy Free Gingerbread Amish Friendship Bread
- 1 cup Gluten Free/Dairy/Casein Free Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2¼ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon egg replacer
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups gluten free flour mix
- 1 small box vanilla instant pudding
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- ½ cup candied ginger diced (plus 2 tablespoons for topping)
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- Grease two large loaf pans or 6 small Bundt pans and a mini loaf pan.
- Dust pans with a cinnamon sugar mixture.
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients in order as listed.
- Pour the batter evenly into pans and top with 2 tablespoons diced candied ginger and large granulated sugar.
- Bake for 1 hour for large loaf, 45 minutes for mini loaf or 35 minutes for small Bundts or when toothpick inserted in center fo the bread comes out clean.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!