Submitted by: Beverly Horner
Image (c) Beverly Horner
“Serve this warm and spicy gluten free, dairy free Amish Friendship Gingerbread at your next winter book club.”
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Yield: 2 large loaves or 6 small bundts and 1 mini loaf
1 cup Gluten Free/Dairy (Casein) Free Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup oil
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 teaspoon egg replacer
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups gluten free flour mix
1 small box of instant vanilla pudding
1 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon cardamom
1/2 cup diced candied ginger, plus 2 tablespoons for topping
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- Grease two large loaf pans or 6 small Bundt pans and a mini loaf pan.
- Dust pans with a cinnamon sugar mixture.
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients in order as listed.
- Pour the batter evenly into pans and top with 2 tablespoons diced candied ginger and large granulated sugar.
- Bake for 1 hour for large loaf, 45 minutes for mini loaf or 35 minutes for small Bundts or when toothpick inserted in center fo the bread comes out clean.
Rice based gluten free flour mix was used in this recipe. Use large granulated sugar such as turbinado sugar or raw sugar for topping. Jello brand puddings are gluten and dairy free.