This Gluten Free Dairy Free Candy Cane Amish Friendship Bread makes the perfect gluten free and dairy free winter treat!
Kitchen Friend Beverly Horner shared this recipe with us and offered these helpful hints: Peppermint pudding can be used instead of the vanilla pudding and peppermint oil. Instead of milk to make this a dairy free recipe, use almond milk. Jello brand pudding mix seems to be dairy and gluten free. If you want to make cupcakes instead of mini loaves, this recipe yields 16 cupcakes.
A quick note: I only share links that I love and personally use. This post contains affiliate or commission links which support the Friendship Bread Kitchen if you click or buy. Thank you!
Gluten Free Dairy Free Candy Cane Amish Friendship Bread
- 1 cup Gluten Free/Dairy/Casein Free Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- ½ cup milk or dairy substitute
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅛ teaspoon peppermint oil or ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon egg replacer
- 2 cups gluten free flour mix
- 1 small box vanilla instant pudding
- 1 small box cheesecake instant pudding
- 1½ candy canes crushed
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with a ½ cup sugar.
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Pour the batter evenly into small loaf pans.
- Bake for 45 minutes or a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Sprinkle the top of the hot bread with the more crushed candy cane.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!