This original recipe from Jean Schwirtz of Waupaca, Wisconsin, was a winner at the Waupaca Book Festival in 2011, where my novel, Friendship Bread, was being honored. Jean uses locally-sourced potato chips which gives the Amish Friendship Bread a delightful, sweet-and-salty crunch.
This original recipe from Jean Schwirtz used locally-sourced potato chips which gives the Potato Chip Amish Friendship Bread a delightful, salty crunch!
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf or cake pans and sprinkle the top with crushed potato chips on the top.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!