Bold and smoky hazelnuts give this Hazelnut Amish Friendship Bread recipe variation a healthful, sophisticated flavor boost. Thanks to Kitchen Friend Diane Siniscalchi for submitting this recipe!
Kitchen Friend Diane Siniscalchi added some extra crunch to this recipe: “I sprinkled the tops of the loaves with untoasted hazelnuts and cinnamon sugar. I was afraid that if I toasted the hazelnuts, that they might burn during baking. The nuts browned nicely.”
Hazelnut Amish Friendship Bread
- 1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon hazelnut extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1-2 small boxes vanilla instant pudding
- 1 cup hazelnuts chopped and toasted
- ½ cup hazelnuts chopped and untoasted to top
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed except for untoasted hazelnuts.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with a mixture of ½ cup sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon. Reserve any remaining cinnamon-sugar.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf or cake pans and sprinkle the top with untoasted hazelnuts and cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!