Recipe and image courtesy Kitchen Friend Wai Chan.
Oatmeal Cranberry Amish Friendship Bread Cookies
Just try to keep your hand out of the cookie jar ... these chewy oatmeal cranberry Amish Friendship Bread cookies won't last long.
Servings: 40 cookies
- 1 cup Amish Friendship Bread starter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup cranberries or raisins/Craisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts optional
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C).
- In a medium mixing bowl, use a wooden spoon to mix together the starter, eggs, molasses and vanilla.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand-held mixer to cream the butter and sugar until the mixture becomes light and fluffy. Add in the ingredients of the medium mixing bowl and mix well.
- Combine the flour, salt, oatmeal, nutmeg and cinnamon and add to the cookie batter. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the batter and mix until just combined.
- Drop generous tablespoons of the cookie dough onto a lined cookie sheet. Press the tops of the dough to flatten slightly.
- Bake in the middle rack at for 10-13 minutes. Cool on wire rack.