Rosemary gives this Rosemary Lemon Olive Oil Amish Friendship Bread a fresh green flavor while the lemon offers a refreshing citrus boost!
This recipe yields a lovely and wonderfully moist cake. Add 1 tablespoon flax meal to boost the fiber and nutritional value of the bread.
We used lemon pudding but if you’d like a less yellow cake, we’d recommend using 1 box vanilla pudding, eliminate the vanilla extract, and boost the lemon extract to 1 teaspoon.
One batch yielded one single-layer cake, four mini Bundt cakes, and one small loaf. For the mini cakes and loaves, reduce cooking time by 20 minutes and test for doneness.
We tested this recipe in a convection oven and reduced the baking temperature to 325° F and tested for doneness 10-15 minutes earlier than usual.
This bread makes a great snack or gift. Wrap up a loaf of this moist, citrusy bread to give to a friend or co-worker!
A quick note: I only share links that I love and personally use. This post contains affiliate or commission links which support the Friendship Bread Kitchen if you click or buy. Thank you!
Rosemary Lemon Olive Oil Amish Friendship Bread
- 1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon lemon extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind grated
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 box instant lemon pudding
- 1 tablespoon flax meal optional
- Easy Lemon Drizzle
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with flour.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf or cake pans.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean. Drizzle with Easy Lemon Drizzle and garnish with a sprig of rosemary or lemon rind.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!