This yummy cake uses a Potato Flake Amish Friendship Bread Starter to create our Potato Flake Strawberry Upside Down Amish Friendship Bread Cake.
Check out our Amish Friendship Bread Potato Flake Starter here! You can also use this starter to make Amish Friendship Bread and Rolls.
A quick note: I only share links that I love and personally use. This post contains affiliate or commission links which support the Friendship Bread Kitchen if you click or buy. Thank you!
Potato Flake Strawberry Upside Down Amish Friendship Bread Cake
This yummy cake use a Potato Flake Amish Friendship Bread Starter to create our Potato Flake Strawberry Upside Down Amish Friendship Bread Cake.
- 1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter (Potato Flake)
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 3 cups strawberries sliced
- 1 stick butter melted
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 1 egg
- 4 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup milk
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a small bowl, mix together white and brown sugar; mashing up any brown sugar clumps.
- Use ¼ cup of the sugar mixture to coat the baking dish, including the sides. Set the rest aside.
- Layer the bottom of the baking dish with strawberries.
- Sprinkle the remaining sugar mixture over the strawberries.
- Pour melted butter evenly over the strawberries.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together sugar and butter. Add egg, egg whites and vanilla, blend until smooth.
- Add potato flake starter and milk to the mixing bowl along with one cup of flour, stir.
- Add remaining flour, salt, and baking powder. Stir until completely blended. Batter will be slightly thick.
- Spread the cake batter evenly over the layered strawberries.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cake cool for 10 minutes. Place a large serving dish or cutting board over the top of the cake. Flip over, removing the baking dish. Cool. Cover lightly and store at room temperature.
Have you made this?Mention @friendshipbreadkitchen or tag #friendshipbreadkitchen!
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!
What size pan is used?
Darlene Kassner says
What size pan is needed?
I just made this cake and it is delicious. I wasn’t sure what size pan to use so I had to guess and it obviously wasnt big enough cause it spilled out in my oven lol. I was just wondering how long this cake will stay good being left out the fridge?
Darien Gee says
Hi Maree! This is a moist cake so I would either pop it in the fridge (covered loosely) or give it a day or two on the counter. So glad it was delicious! What size pan did you end up using?
Patricia Cochran says
This cake looks great!