This yummy cake uses a Potato Flake Amish Friendship Bread Starter to create our Potato Flake Strawberry Upside Down Amish Friendship Bread Cake.
A quick note: I only share links that I love and personally use. This post contains affiliate or commission links which support the Friendship Bread Kitchen if you click or buy. Thank you!
This yummy cake use a Potato Flake Amish Friendship Bread Starter to create our Potato Flake Strawberry Upside Down Amish Friendship Bread Cake.
- 1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter (Potato Flake)
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 3 cups strawberries sliced
- 1 stick butter melted
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 1 egg
- 4 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup milk
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a small bowl, mix together white and brown sugar; mashing up any brown sugar clumps.
Use ¼ cup of the sugar mixture to coat the baking dish, including the sides. Set the rest aside.
- Layer the bottom of the baking dish with strawberries.
- Sprinkle the remaining sugar mixture over the strawberries.
- Pour melted butter evenly over the strawberries.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together sugar and butter. Add egg, egg whites and vanilla, blend until smooth.
- Add potato flake starter and milk to the mixing bowl along with one cup of flour, stir.
- Add remaining flour, salt, and baking powder. Stir until completely blended. Batter will be slightly thick.
- Spread the cake batter evenly over the layered strawberries.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cake cool for 10 minutes. Place a large serving dish or cutting board over the top of the cake. Flip over, removing the baking dish. Cool. Cover lightly and store at room temperature.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!