Submitted by: Friendship Bread Kitchen
Image (c) Friendship Bread Kitchen
“Lemon lovers will appreciate this simple sugar-free variation.”
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40-45 minutes
Yield: 16 pieces
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter (Sugar-Free)
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup Splenda
1 teaspoon lemon extract
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1-2 small boxes sugar-free cheesecake instant pudding
2-3 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf or cake pans.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
If you can’t find the sugar-free cheesecake instant pudding, use sugar-free lemon or vanilla pudding.
While this recipe does produce two loaves of bread, they are smaller than the standard recipe loaves and do require a shorter bake time. You can also dress this up with some poppy seeds or increase the amount of lemon rind or extract to boost the lemony flavor.