The orange-cinnamon tea in this Amish Friendship Bread offers an intense, aromatic flavor. Submitted by Kitchen Friend Gale Reeves.
This Amish Friendship Bread variation offers an intense flavor boost from the tea, which gets added directly into the recipe. Remove the loose tea from the tea bags and mix with the sugar, then add it to the recipe.
You can use our Brown Sugar Icing, Vanilla Glaze or Orange Glaze to top the bread when warm. If using the Brown Sugar Icing, steep an extra orange-cinnamon tea bag in the milk for 15 minutes (you can warm the milk first or just bring it to room temperature) before making the icing.
Orange Cinnamon Amish Friendship Bread
- 1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tea bags of orange-cinnamon tea removed from tea bags
- 1-2 small boxes vanilla instant pudding
- Brown Sugar Icing (steep 1 orange-cinnamon tea bag in the milk)
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C). Grease Bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the sugar and loose tea (remove from tea bags). Stir well.
- Add the remaining ingredients until just combined.
- Pour batter evenly into pan.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
>> Have you tried this? Give the recipe some stars or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!
Charlotte Moore says
This really sounds yummy. Would never have though to use loose tea.
claudia davis says
I would love to try this for next Mothers Day.
Beth T. says
My mom would have enjoyed this, so I might make this for Mother’s Day.
Foster Nancy says
This bread speaks to me of Christmas – I made it for gifting. Yum!!!
Delicious! I plan to make it for my friends Roshelle and Rima. 🙂
What glaze did you put on top of this yummy looking creation? I’m about to make this one this later this afternoon and would like to know!!! Thank you!!
Friendship Bread Kitchen says
Try our Brown Sugar Icing (https://www.friendshipbreadkitchen.com/brown-sugar-icing/)!
How do I make the friendship bread starter??????
Here you go, Rochelle, in case you haven’t found it yet:
Gale Reeves says
The 4 tea bags are actually emptied and mixed with the sugar. The tea is added dry. This tea offers an intense flavor, melding well with the Amish Friendship Bread.