“A take on one of our favorite candy bars!”
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Servings: 16 slices
Yield: 2 loaves
At a Glance
- substitute almond extract for vanilla extract
- omit cinnamon
- substitute chocolate pudding for vanilla pudding
- add 2 tablespoons cocoa
- add 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- add 1 1/2 cups slivered almonds
- add 1 cup coconut
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 tablespoon espresso powder
1-2 small boxes instant chocolate pudding
1 cup coconut
1 1/2 cups slivered almonds
Chocolate Ganache (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease 2 large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with granulated sugar.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
From Suzy: “I made mine in a Bundt pan instead of loaf pans.”
From Gale Reeves: “The batter was very thick, but baked to a moist, delicious bread. I glazed the bread with a ganache.”