This recipe for Almond Joy Amish Friendship Bread is a take on one of our favorite candy bars! Submitted by Kitchen Friend Gale Reeves, it uses cocoa, espresso powder, and coconut to get that classic, candy bar flavor.
You can dress up this recipe up and transform it from a simple loaf into an elegant dessert. Kitchen Friend Suzy chose to make a cake: “I made mine in a Bundt pan instead of loaf pans.”
Kitchen Friend Gale Reeves also brought this recipe to the next level with her drizzle topping: “The batter was very thick, but baked to a moist, delicious bread. I glazed the bread with a ganache.”
Almond Joy Amish Friendship Bread
- 1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 1 small box instant chocolate pudding
- 1 cup coconut
- 1½ cups slivered almonds
- Chocolate Ganache optional
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease 2 large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with granulated sugar.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!