Submitted by: Friendship Bread Kitchen
Image (c): Friendship Bread Kitchen
“These cupcakes are full of cherry flavor! Sprinkle a few white chocolate chips on the frosting and you will have the perfect Valentine’s treat for a classroom party.”
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 24 cupcakes
At a Glance
- omit cinnamon
- substitute cherry Jell-O for vanilla pudding
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1-2 boxes cherry Jell-O
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Line cupcake tins with paper cups or grease wells and dust with sugar.
- Pour the batter evenly into cupcake wells.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Top cooled cupcakes with a fluffy mound of buttercream frosting.
Sprinkle a few white chocolate chips on the frosting and you will have the perfect Valentine’s treat for a classroom party. This recipe makes 24 cupcakes, so it’s just right for sharing.
L to R: Frosted Cherry Amish Friendship Bread Cupcakes (c) Friendship Bread Kitchen