“Rich and moist, this sweet cranberry treat is perfect for your holiday gatherings.”
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 2 cakes
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup milk
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup oil
2 cups flour
2 small boxes cheesecake instant pudding
2 cups dried cranberries
1/2 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed except the last two ingredients.
- Grease two cake pans.
- Add 1 cup of cranberries and 1/4 brown sugar to each cake pan.
- Pour the batter evenly into the cake pans.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Invert baking pans onto serving plates and let cool.
This recipe would work great with fresh, frozen or dehydrated cranberries.When using fresh cranberries, the general rule is 1 cup fresh = 3/4 dried or dehydrated, but we love our cranberries so the more, the merrier! You may want to reduce the liquid in the recipe by 1/4 cup as well when using fresh cranberries.
L to R: (c) Friendship Bread Kitchen; (c) Friendship Bread Kitchen; (c) Friendship Bread Kitchen; (c) Friendship Bread Kitchen; (c) Friendship Bread Kitchen