These Chocolate Caramel Amish Friendship Bread Brownies are sprinkled with caramel bits and make the perfect recipe to bake with the kids.
If you’ve read my novel, Friendship Bread, this is the recipe that makes one of my characters, die-hard chocolate lover Hannah deBrisay, into an Amish Friendship Bread fan for life. This life-changing experience happens on page 87, but you can experience it for yourself as soon as you pull these babies out of the oven!
Kitchen Friend Karen Youngson got creative with her add-ins: “I couldn’t find the caramel bits so I use mini Rolos.”
A quick note: I only share links that I love and personally use. This post contains affiliate or commission links which support the Friendship Bread Kitchen if you click or buy. Thank you!
Chocolate Caramel Amish Friendship Bread Brownies
- 1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons cocoa
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 box chocolate instant pudding
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup caramel bits
- ½ cup caramel bits to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- Grease and flour 9″ x 13″ pan.
- Combine the starter, eggs, oil, milk, vanilla extract, and sugar in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pudding mix, both kinds of chocolate chips, and 1 cup caramel bits and make a well in the center. Pour the wet ingredients into the well and incorporate until fully mixed.
- Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle remaining ½ cup of caramel bits on top. Bake for 45 minutes to one hour, checking for doneness. When a toothpick inserted in the center of the brownies comes out clean, remove to a rack to cool.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!