This Pistachio, Fresh Basil and Chocolate Amish Friendship Bread pairs three unlikely flavors for a fun twist. The pistachio pudding and fresh basil give this bread an unexpected mellow bite, pairing savory with sweet. Our thanks to Kitchen Friend Michelle Lee for submitting this recipe!
This post contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, the Friendship Bread Kitchen may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Basil is such an easy herb to keep on hand, and my friend Kris Bordessa of Attainable Sustainable has lots of tips if you’re ready to grow some basil of your own. Once you have some extra, you can try this Amish Friendship Bread recipe, too:
Pistachio, Fresh Basil and Chocolate Amish Friendship Bread
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with a ½ cup sugar.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf or cake pans and sprinkle with more sugar and ½ cup milk chocolate chips.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!