“Cool and refreshing, this is a fun summertime treat!”
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 3 dozen cupcakes
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1 small box sugar-free strawberry Jell-O gelatin
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Lemon Buttercream Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350° F (177° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Mix well.
- Line muffin tins with cupcake wrappers.
- Fill muffin cups halfway.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Diane Siniscalchi (Ringwood, NJ): “These cupcakes have a nice, light texture and the strawberry flavor isn’t overpowering. They are quite sweet, but I frosted the cupcakes with a lemon buttercream frosting which helped tone down the sweetness.”
From L to R: Diane Siniscalchi (Ringwood, NJ); Diane Siniscalchi (Ringwood, NJ); Diane Siniscalchi (Ringwood, NJ)