This month’s giveaway winner for a bamboo cookbook stand is Elaine Vnuk!
This recipe post contains affiliate links, so if you click and/or make a purchase, the Friendship Bread Kitchen may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Revamped, revised, updated, perfected!
Brownie lovers, look out. The competition has arrived.
This Amish Friendship Bread variation has a buttery, caramel flavor with just the right amount of sweetness. I made them right around lunchtime and as soon as the kids got home, these treats disappeared. Even my die-hard-chocolate-lover kid polished off two!
I added a ½ cup of white chocolate chips and another ½ cup of toffee bits for extra flavor and crunch. If desired, ½ cup nuts can be mixed in, sprinkled on the bottom and/or added to the top before baking.
Amish Friendship Bread Blondies
- 1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- ½ cup milk
- 1½ cups sugar plus extra for dusting
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1 small box white chocolate instant pudding
- 1 small box vanilla instant pudding
- ½ cup toffee chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup nuts any variety (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed except nuts.
- Grease 9″ × 13″ pan.
- Dust pan with ¼ cup of sugar.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Sprinkle nuts on top and dust with sugar.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!