These sweet Amish Friendship Bread Cinnamon Apple Muffins are a perfect mid-morning snack for kids and adults! This recipe was submitted to us by Kitchen Friend Catie LaRocca. Thank you, Catie!
A quick note: I only share links that I love and personally use. This post contains affiliate or commission links which support the Friendship Bread Kitchen if you click or buy. Thank you!
- 1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup natural apple sauce
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add and mix all the ingredients until just blended.
- Line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Pour batter evenly into muffin tins.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Mix together 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- While muffins are still hot, but cool enough to handle, press muffin tops into cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Cool muffins on a wire rack.
These muffins are great frozen and then thawed. Wrap each one individually in plastic wrap and freeze.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!