This recipe was submitted to us by Kitchen Friend Catie LaRocca. Thank you, Catie!
Apple Cinnamon Spice Amish Friendship Bread Muffins
Friendship Bread Kitchen: Catie LaRocca + Friendship Bread Kitchen
Yields: 24 muffins
These sweet Amish Friendship Bread Cinnamon Apple Muffins are a perfect mid-morning snack for kids and adults!
- 1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- 1 egg
- ½ cup oil
- 1 cup natural apple sauce
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add and mix all the ingredients until just blended.
- Line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Pour batter evenly into muffin tins.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Mix together ½ cup sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon.
- While muffins are still hot, but cool enough to handle, press muffin tops into cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Cool muffins on a wire rack.
These muffins are great frozen and then thawed. Wrap each one individually in plastic wrap and freeze.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!