This recipe for Apricot Amish Friendship bread was shared with us by Kitchen Friend Linda Delescale and is a wonderful, sweet and spicy variation.
Apricot Amish Friendship Bread
This recipe for Apricot Amish Friendship Bread is a wonderful, sweet and spicy variation!
- 1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- 1 cup oil
- ½ cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large box vanilla instant pudding
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- ¼ cup apricot jam
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large bowl, add starter, oil, milk, eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, add flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, caradmon, baking soda, salt and instant pudding mix.
- Combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Add in the apricot jam and the dried apricots.
- Grease 2 loafs pans.
- Dust the greased pans with half of a mixture of ½ cup sugar, 1 teaspoon ginger and ¼ teaspoon cardamom.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf pans and sprinkle the remaining sugar mixture on top.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
Have you made this?Mention @friendshipbreadkitchen or tag #friendshipbreadkitchen!
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!
Linda Delescale says
I made this bread at a friend’s request for Thanksgiving this year. By Sunday I wanted to something different with the leftovers and so french toast – delicious!