“A fabulous Amish Friendship Bread variation for banana bread lovers everywhere!”
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Yield: 2 loaves
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
2 mashed bananas
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
2 small boxes banana cream instant pudding
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease 2 large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with granulated sugar.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
From Kimberly Kurt-Matthews: “I used three bananas instead of two, it was very dense but it made it super moist! I changed the two packages of banana pudding to one banana and one french vanilla – it tastes so good – this loaf is already gone thanks to the kids!”
From Gwen Campbell (Jacksonville, NC): “I did not mash the bananas. I cut them into small pieces and added 2/3 cup light brown sugar to them and let them sit while I prepared the bread. Right before I put the batter into the pans, I stirred in the bananas and brown sugar. It was awesome.”