This recipe for Cherry Almond Amish Friendship Bread combines these ingredients to create a recipe worthy of any afternoon tea.
The perfect pairing: cherries and almonds! This recipe for Cherry Almond Amish Friendship Bread combines these ingredients to create a recipe worthy of any afternoon tea.
Kathy Opel used this recipe to make Cherry Almond Amish Friendship Bread Muffins: “I used 1 can cherry pie filling instead of fresh cherries. For muffins, spray the paper cups with a little cooking spray. Bake muffins for about 25 minutes.”
Cherry Almond Amish Friendship Bread
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed except for cherries.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with ½ teaspoon of sugar and sprinkle a few sliced almonds.
- Toss cherries in flour then incorporate gently into batter.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf or cake pans and top off with more sliced almonds.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!