The perfect pairing: cherries and almonds! This recipe for Cherry Almond Amish Friendship Bread combines these ingredients to create a recipe worthy of any afternoon tea.
Kathy Opel used this recipe to make Cherry Almond Amish Friendship Bread Muffins: “I used 1 can cherry pie filling instead of fresh cherries. For muffins, spray the paper cups with a little cooking spray. Bake muffins for about 25 minutes.”
A quick note: I only share links that I love and personally use. This post contains affiliate or commission links which support the Friendship Bread Kitchen if you click or buy. Thank you!
This recipe for Cherry Almond Amish Friendship Bread combines these ingredients to create a recipe worthy of any afternoon tea.
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed except for cherries.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
Dust the greased pans with ½ teaspoon of sugar and sprinkle a few sliced almonds.
- Toss cherries in flour then incorporate gently into batter.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf or cake pans and top off with more sliced almonds.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!