Rich and decadent, this recipe for Chocolate Chip Cherry Amish Friendship Bread is a chocolate lover’s dream come true. Dust this bread with powdered sugar for a fun and festive look!
Kitchen Friend Tina Levesque took a sweeter approach to this recipe: “Substitute 1 jar of maraschino cherries for the 1 cup of dried cherries.”
A quick note: I only share links that I love and personally use. This post contains affiliate or commission links which support the Friendship Bread Kitchen if you click or buy. Thank you!
Chocolate Chip Cherry Amish Friendship Bread
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with a mixture of ½ cup sugar and ½ teaspoon cocoa powder.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf or cake pans and sprinkle the remaining sugar-cocoa mixture on the top.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!