You seriously cannot have our Pineapple Carrot Cake Amish Friendship Bread without this cream cheese frosting. Or our Red Velvet Amish Friendship Bread. The fluffy cream cheese frosting takes any recipe to a whole new level.
Another favorite pairing is with our Pumpkin Spice Amish Friendship Bread. Spread it on and prepare for rave reviews (and multiple helpings).
- ½ stick butter, softened
- 1.5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- ½ pound confectioners' sugar
- With an electric mixer at medium speed, beat butter and cream cheese until soft and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract and salt and beat well.
- Slowly add sugar and mix at medium speed until frosting is fluffy and spreadable.
If baking a variation with lemon or citrus, add 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon or orange zest into the frosting for a fresh flavor boost.
Like your cream cheese frosting snow white? Omit the vanilla extract.