This Eggnog Frosting is the perfect topping for our Amish Friendship Bread Eggnog Cookies, or take our Amish Friendship Bread Eggnog cake and turn them into cupcakes (check out our conversion chart if you need to figure out how to do that).
This post contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, the Friendship Bread Kitchen may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
This makes a smooth, creamy frosting and is much thicker than our Eggnog Rum Glaze.
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 4 tablespoons eggnog plus extra if needed
- ½ teaspoon rum extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, whip butter until pale and fluffy.
- Add rum and eggnog.
- Gradually beat in sugar until smooth and desired consistency is reached. If you accidentally make it too thick, thin with additional eggnog.