This recipe was submitted to us by Liz Gilchrist-Bartel. We loved the sweet and savory blend of garlic and onions, and it was a great side to a bowl of chili. Thanks, Liz!
Garlic Onion Amish Friendship Bread
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with a mixture of ½ cup sugar and ½ teaspoon garlic salt. If you like it salty, omit sugar and use enough garlic salt to dust.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf or cake pans and sprinkle the remaining onions on the top.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!