Need to eat your Amish Friendship Bread on the run? This recipe for Lemon Amish Friendship Bread Muffins should do the trick!
Lemon Amish Friendship Bread Muffins
Need to eat your Amish Friendship Bread on the run? This recipe for Lemon Amish Friendship Bread Muffins should do the trick.
- 1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1 small box lemon instant pudding
- Zest of one lemon
- Simple Streusel Topping optional
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed and only half the grated lemon zest.
- Grease muffin tins.
- Dust the greased tins with sugar.
- Pour the batter evenly into muffin tins. If desired, mix the remaining lemon zest with our simple streusel topping and sprinkle evenly on the top, or use a mixture of the zest and sugar.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
Have you made this?Mention @friendshipbreadkitchen or tag #friendshipbreadkitchen!
Kitchen Friend Sally Rima adapted the recipe to make 12 jumbo muffins. She used vanilla pudding instead of lemon, and added 2 tablespoons lemon juice. She skipped the streusel and topped with powdered sugar.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!
chris shipley says
This is an excellent recipe. I use lemon emulsion vs extract as it adds more flavor. I also substitute applesauce for the oil to keep healthy. Everyone loves my muffins when I bring them. Highly recommend. For a variation, use Orange emulsion as that is delightful too!
angie win depue says
These look so yummy! I love lemon and I love muffins! Win win for me. I would love to make this recipe in mini muffin pans as well!
Laurie Nykaza says
This looks so good love to make things with lemons since I have a lemon tree and these look so good. My mom and sisters would love this we just cant get enough of the taste of lemons.