Submitted by: Friendship Bread Kitchen
Image (c) Friendship Bread Kitchen
“Need to eat your Amish Friendship Bread on the run? These lemon muffins will do the trick.”
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 24 servings
Yield: 24 muffins
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1-2 teaspoons lemon extract
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1 small box lemon instant pudding
Zest of one lemon
Simple Streusel Topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed and only half the grated lemon zest.
- Grease muffin tins.
- Dust the greased tins with sugar.
- Pour the batter evenly into muffin tins. If desired, mix the remaining lemon zest with our simple streusel topping and sprinkle evenly on the top, or use a mixture of the zest and sugar.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
From L-R: Friendship Bread Kitchen