A quick note: I only share links that I love and personally use. This post contains affiliate or commission links which support the Friendship Bread Kitchen if you click or buy. Thank you!
Need to eat your Amish Friendship Bread on the run? This recipe for Lemon Amish Friendship Bread Muffins should do the trick!
Need to eat your Amish Friendship Bread on the run? This recipe for Lemon Amish Friendship Bread Muffins should do the trick.
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed and only half the grated lemon zest.
- Grease muffin tins.
- Dust the greased tins with sugar.
- Pour the batter evenly into muffin tins. If desired, mix the remaining lemon zest with our simple streusel topping and sprinkle evenly on the top, or use a mixture of the zest and sugar.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
Kitchen Friend Sally Rima adapted the recipe to make 12 jumbo muffins. She used vanilla pudding instead of lemon, and added 2 tablespoons lemon juice. She skipped the streusel and topped with powdered sugar.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!