This Amish Friendship Bread recipe was submitted by Kitchen Friend Kimberly Kozicki … it’s a gourmet twist to our favorite recipe, offering a heady hit of caramel with a crunchy sea salt finish.
>> Need an Amish Friendship Bread Primer with the ten day instructions? Go here!
- 2 sticks butter soft (room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- 3 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 box butterscotch instant pudding
- Caramel Glaze or caramel ice cream topping optional
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
- Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat butter until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add sugar and beat until pale and creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Add greek yogurt and beat until incorporated.
- Add starter and beat until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and butterscotch pudding mix.
- Slowly add flour mixture to the mixer.
- Pour batter into Bundt pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for an hour (or until toothpick comes out clean).
- Allow to cool then remove cake from pan.
- Drizzle caramel ice cream topping over cake (or try a Caramel Glaze) and finish with a pinch of sea salt.
>> Have you tried this recipe? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!