Submitted by: Lucia Ciattaglia (Ancona Marche, Italy) | www.tortadirose.it
“A simple, bright burst of lemon and delicate crunch of pine nuts make this the perfect tea time accompaniment.”
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 cakes
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup oil
½ cup milk
1 cup sugar
½ teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
½ cup pine nuts (100 grams)
juice and zest from 1 lemon
¼ cup confectioner’s sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed including lemon juice and zest, adding the pine nuts last.
- Line the pans with parchment paper.
- Pour the batter evenly into cake pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Allow to cool then sprinkle confectioners’ sugar on the top.