A simple, bright burst of lemon and delicate crunch of pine nuts make this Lemon Pine Nut Amish Friendship Bread recipe the perfect tea time accompaniment. Thanks to Kitchen Friend Lucia Ciattaglia for submitting this recipe!
Lemon Pine Nut Amish Friendship Bread
A simple, bright burst of lemon and delicate crunch of pine nuts make this Lemon Pine Nut Amish Friendship Bread recipe the perfect tea time accompaniment.
- 1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup pine nuts 100 grams
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (or the juice of one lemon)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (or the zest of one lemon)
- ¼ cup confectioner’s sugar optional
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed including lemon juice and zest, adding the pine nuts last.
- Line the pans with parchment paper.
- Pour the batter evenly into cake pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Allow to cool then sprinkle confectioners’ sugar on the top.
Have you made this?Mention @friendshipbreadkitchen or tag #friendshipbreadkitchen!
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!
what are the size of loaf pan used? It looks yummy, as i love lemon cakes.
Darien Gee says
Hi Joy! This pan was in European measurements, but I’d say 1 9″ loaf pan or two smaller loaf pans should work fine. These would be wonderful as mini loaves, too!