What do you get when you combine a classic loaf with a classic candy bar? This irresistible Mounds Amish Friendship Bread! For an extra rich chocolate flavor in this recipe, add ½ cup cocoa powder.
Kitchen Friend Michelle Lee added a few ingredients to create her “Super Mounds Bread”: Turn this into Super Mounds bread by adding in 1 teaspoon almond flavoring, 1½ cups unsweetened shaven coconut and 2 boxes of instant coconut pudding. Once the bread cools, add a layer of Chocolate Icing, another layer of almonds, and another layer of frosting.
Kitchen Friend Jeanmarie added extra coconut flavor: For another variation add coconut pudding instead of chocolate, ½ teaspoon of coconut flavoring instead of vanilla, and mini chocolate chips to the batter.
A quick note: I only share links that I love and personally use. This post contains affiliate or commission links which support the Friendship Bread Kitchen if you click or buy. Thank you!
What do you get when you combine a classic loaf with a classic candy bar? This irresistible Mounds Amish Friendship Bread!
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with granulated sugar.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf or cake pans.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!