What do you get when you combine a classic loaf with a classic candy bar? This irresistible Mounds Amish Friendship Bread! For an extra rich chocolate flavor in this recipe, add ½ cup cocoa powder.
Kitchen Friend Michelle Lee added a few ingredients to create her “Super Mounds Bread”: Turn this into Super Mounds bread by adding in 1 teaspoon almond flavoring, 1½ cups unsweetened shaven coconut and 2 boxes of instant coconut pudding. Once the bread cools, add a layer of Chocolate Icing, another layer of almonds, and another layer of frosting.
Kitchen Friend Jeanmarie added extra coconut flavor: For another variation add coconut pudding instead of chocolate, ½ teaspoon of coconut flavoring instead of vanilla, and mini chocolate chips to the batter.
A quick note: I only share links that I love and personally use. This post contains affiliate or commission links which support the Friendship Bread Kitchen if you click or buy. Thank you!
Mounds Amish Friendship Bread
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with granulated sugar.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf or cake pans.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!