“Made with fresh strawberries, this is a fun and festive bread for a Fourth of July picnic, or this loaf can be made with frozen strawberries anytime.”
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 2 loaves
Recipe at a Glance
- omit cinnamon
- omit vanilla extract
- substitute strawberry jello for pudding
- add 1-1/2 cups fresh strawberries or frozen, defrosted, drained and sliced
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1 small box strawberry jello
1-1/2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced or frozen strawberries, defrosted, drained and sliced
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with granulated sugar.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf or cake pans.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
Serve this with a big dollop of whipped cream and make it a substitute for strawberry shortcake.
L to R: (c) Shari Breske