This post contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, the Friendship Bread Kitchen may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
This is a quick and easy recipe for Amish Friendship Bread Biscuits that go with any meal.
If you don’t have a rolling pin handy, flour your hands and use them to pat the dough to the desired thickness–the dough will be sticky. You can also use the mouth of a clean jar (finally a use for that leftover jar of spaghetti sauce jar!) to cut the biscuits, dipping the jar occasionally in flour to keep the dough from sticking.
We had a few of our Virtual Kitchen Assistants (VKA’s) test this recipe, and here’s what they had to say:
From Danielle Luton: “I made the biscuits with Chicken Parmesan, and a fresh salad. They were very good, and kind of reminded me of corn bread. They had a nice sweet taste, and tasted great with butter. The kids loved them.”
From Tera Huff: “I served the biscuits with chicken fried steak, creamed corn, mashed potatoes and gravy. My husband and I loved it!”
From Jacqui Rossetter: “They are great and so easy to make!”
From Rachel Barna: “Add in ½ cup Parmesan cheese (grated or shredded), 2 cloves of garlic (freshly minced) and 1 teaspoon garlic powder (add to melted butter).”
- Preheat over to 325° F (165° C).
- Combine all wet ingredients except butter in a medium-size bowl.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a larger bowl and make a well in the center.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the well and whisk until the dough begins to pull away from the sides of the bowl.
- Transfer dough mixture to a lightly-floured surface and roll (or pat with your hands) to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Using a 3-inch round cookie cutter, cut out biscuits and place on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Brush the tops of the biscuits with melted butter. Cover loosely with oiled plastic wrap and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, removing when the tops are lightly browned. Serve immediately.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!