This fragrant, citrusy Orange Coffee Amish Friendship Bread will give you a jumpstart on your day! Thanks to Kitchen Friend Gwen Campbell for sharing this recipe with us.
Kitchen Friend Gwen Campbell searched for the perfect orange essence in her bread: “When I make this again, I will be using orange juice in place of the milk and orange zest in the batter along with the orange extract. An orange glaze or vanilla glaze would be fabulous with this.”
If you’re feeling fancy, you could even sprinkle it with orange sugar before you bake it.
Orange Coffee Amish Friendship Bread
- 1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup applesauce or oil
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 box orange Jell-O gelatin
- 1 box vanilla instant pudding
- 4 tablespoons International Coffee Orange Café
- Orange Glaze optional
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- Combine all wet ingredients.
- Combine all dry ingredients and add to wet.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Prepare two loaf pans with butter or nonstick spray and sugar.
- Divide batter evenly between pans, top with sugar.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!